We are open everyday of the year from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (except on Thanksgiving and Christmas which have reduced hours). We recommend coming early to enjoy all we have to offer.
In order to prepare for our night events on Nov 25, 26, and Dec Dec 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 16, 17, 18, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30 the zoo will be closing at 4 p.m. (last ticket sold at 3p.m.) All activities will also be closing early or have modified times.
Proceed directly to turnstiles with your online tickets.
No refunds or date changes after 10 a.m. the day BEFORE your reservation.
In order to prepare for our night events on Nov 25, 26, and Dec 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 16, 17, 18, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30 the zoo will be closing at 4 p.m. (last ticket sold at 3p.m.) All activities will also be closing early or have modified times.
What to know before you book:
- Check-in must be made at the tram booth.
- Depending on animal health requirements, guests ages two and older may be required to wear a CDC recommended face covering or they will not be allowed to participate. If needed, the face covering will be provided by Zoo Miami during the encounter.
- Closed-toe shoes are required.
- Service animals are not permitted.
- Touching of the animals is not permitted unless advised by Zoo Miami staff.
- Children five years old and under must be carried or held by the hand of an adult in their group.
Restrictions: One paying participant must be at least 18 years old per group.
Zoo Miami will open at night for a special holiday event with one million bright, animal shaped and dazzling tree lights! Experience Zoo Miami like never before.
Zoo Lights Miami is an after-hours family event that will take place select nights November 25th thru December 30th from 6:30 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Animal encounters
- Arts & crafts (limited space available)
- Appearances by Santa (until December 23)
- Snowman's River Boat Rides*
- ($5 per person)
- Last ride at 9:25 p.m.
- ($5 per person)
- Hot chocolate and cookies*
- Holiday Shopping at the Zoo Gift Shop*
A portion of your admission goes to animal conservation.
We look forward to seeing you at the Zoo! Limited capacity per night. You are now required to choose your date of visit when purchasing your ticket.
- 12/8/22 Holiday Cheers 7-10PM
- 2/17/23 Mardi Gras 7-10PM
- 6/17/23 Beer & BBQ 7-10PM
* Food, beer, wine and specialty cocktails available at an additional cost.
Picking-up Your Zoo Doo Compost
Directions to Gate 2